How to Celebrate
1. Visit your library.
Whether you're visiting in person or virtually, libraries offer the opportunity to connect with new worlds through access to technology, multimedia content, and educational programs. Take time to connect with your library during National Library Week to see all they have to offer.
2. Participate in the #MyLibrary promotion on social media.
As National Library Week Honorary Chair Molly Shannon says, "Libraries are places where communities connect—to things like broadband, computers, programs and classes, books, movies, video games, and more." During National Library Week 2022, we're asking you to share the connections you've made thanks to your library. Did you find a great book? Get access to computers? Attend a great program or storytime? Did you make new friends at the library’s book club?
Tell us by posting to Instagram, Twitter, or on the I Love Libraries Facebook page. Use the hashtag #MyLibrary. We'll gather all the entries, and one randomly selected winner will receive a $100 Visa gift card. The promotion starts Sunday, April 3 at noon CT and ends on Saturday, April 9 at noon CT. Don’t forget to tag your library!
If you love your library, say it loud and proud: vocal community support helps libraries secure much-needed funding and reminds hardworking library staff that their efforts are appreciated. Participating in the #MyLibrary promotion is a quick, easy way to help your library thrive!
3. Follow your library, ALA, and I Love Libraries on social media.
- Be sure to follow your library on social media so you don't miss out on all they have to offer, including the most reliable information about keeping your family safe during these uncertain times.
- Post one of our available graphics to your social media account and join the conversation by using the hashtags #NationalLibraryWeek.
- Don't forget to follow the American Library Association and I Love Libraries on social media!
ALA accounts: Twitter: @ALALibrary | Facebook: @AmericanLibraryAssociation | Instagram: @americanlibraryassociation>
I Love Libraries: Twitter: @IloveLibraries | Facebook @ILoveLibraries